Sunday, February 27, 2011

Knorr Frozen Entrées...

In this day and age, we as humans get busier and busier. With work, school, family, sports, and other hobbies or all the above, it's hard to get in a decent dinner. I for one will take the easy route and go to McDonald's and grab myself a Big Mac meal. Easy peezy don't have to bother cooking something to eat. Yes, I know I can't eat McDonald's everyday or I'll end up like that dude in the movie Super Size Me. I like my liver the way it is thank you very much, no need for it to become pâté.

While shopping at Safeway I stumbled across these Knorr frozen entrées. There's about 8 different varieties. It helps that it's on sale too. ^_~ I'm a sucker for sales. It was on sale for $9.45, wow what was the original price then? Even though it's on sale that's still a bit pricey for my taste but I digress. I thought to myself, Knorr makes great soup stocks why not try their frozen entrées? I grab the Grilled Chicken Florentine and Farfalle because all the other flavors are gone. With that in mind, they must be good!

As soon as I get home and put away all my groceries, I pull out my pot and got ready to prepare the entrée. Looking at the directions it's pretty easy and straight forward. Wow even my boyfriend can't mess this up! ^_^ You don't need to add anything, just need to heat up and in 10 minutes you got dinner. You got to pay attention though because I left to go grab something and almost burnt the pot! *nervous laugher* Anyways looking at the packaging it says it contains 2 servings. To be honest it looks like it can be 1 serving. But hey maybe it's portion control? Yeah? Yeah? No. I guess it's meant to eat with other sides, maybe a salad? Garlic bread?


I go in for the kill and hey I got to admit it's pretty darn good! It eased my hunger but I was not full, well I was full but not to the point where I got to unzip my pants so my stomach can breathe. I probably had room for more. I'm a small person at 5'2, 110lbs and if I feel that way I wonder how a 6'5, 230lbs person would feel eating that? They'll need to eat the whole bag and that might not even be enough! If you were expecting to have leftovers so you can bring it for lunch then start cooking something else because you won't have enough.

I probably will buy a couple and keep them in the freezer for those busier days but at that price tag I won't be buying it often.

Strawberry Rating:
Service: N/A
Food: 3.5 strawberries out of 5
Price: 2 strawberries out of 5
Cleanliness: N/A
Overall rating: Can't really do an average rating as 2 out of the 4 didn't apply. But I'll give it 3 strawberries out of 5. ^_^


"When baking, follow directions.  When cooking, go by your own taste." ~Laiko Bahrs


UPDATE: Apparently Knorr Frozen Entrees are no longer sold in Canada, well in Edmonton anyways. Boo-urns!

No comments: