What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 large onion
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3-4 cans of clam with liquid
- 4 (8 ounce) clam juice
- 3 cups half and half cream
- about 1 lb of boiled potatoes, chopped (I use the little potatoes)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh dill weed or 1 tsp dry dill weed
1. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and saute until tender. Stir in flour and cook over low heat (it gets rid of the flour taste), stirring frequently for about 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the clams (including the liquid in the can) and all 4 bottles of clam juice to the flour mixture. Bring it to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
3. In a pot, put the potatoes in water and bring to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are tender. Drain and set aside.
4. Once the 15 minutes has passed, add the potatoes to the clam mixture. Mix in the half and half, salt and pepper and dill. Let it simmer for another 5 mins and it's ready to serve!
"If music be the food of love, play on." ~ William Shakespeare
***Please note these pictures here are not mine.