Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I was a judge on Cupcake Wars..........at work

Me, my boss (right) and my co-worker (left)
Every couple months or so at my work we would hold competitions. We had a chili cook-off not too long ago. This time it's Cupcake Wars! If you've read my previous blog entry you'll know that I am an angry baker. Sooooo I opted out and became a judge instead. =oD Let's take a look at all the contestants!

# 1 Dark chocolate coffee bean cupcake with marscapone cream cheese icing

#2 Coconut vanilla cupcake with vanilla cream center

#3 Chocolate cupcake with vanilla icing (WINNER!)

#4 Peanut butter chocolate cupcake with cookies and cream icing with Wunderbar pieces

It was a close race but there could only be one winner. The votes were based on texture, taste, appearance and creativity as a bonus point. Contestant #3 the chocolate cupcake with vanilla icing was the winner to much of the owners surprise, he won by 8 points! #2 & #1 were tied for second and #4 came in last. The winner thought it was a joke when we told him he had won! lol The winner was quite creative putting our company logo on the cupcakes, he told us he's been using this recipe since grade 10! Amazing! Contestant #2 & #3 were both very good, the cupcakes was moist and it was a nice pleasant surprise biting into cupcake #2, which had the vanilla cream filling. Although #2 was super delicious #3 had a slight edge in texture.

I had a great time being a judge and let me tell you, I had a major sugar rush for the rest of the afternoon and crashed pretty hard by 4pm. I was ready for a nap! lol I can't wait for the next competition!

Until next time, happy eating!

"Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie." ~ Jim Davis

No comments: