Saturday, January 14, 2012

Chicken boobies with chipotle & green onion gravy

I was on one of my favorite blogs: Food Wishes.com (You can check out the blog under the "Check these blogs out" box.). I was searching for chicken recipes and came across this recipe by Chef John who is the creator of Food Wishes.com, it's so easy and it tastes great. It's so easy in fact that my non-cooking boyfriend was able to follow and make it for dinner one night!

 I'm not a big fan of chicken breasts because it's so bland and it can be really dry. I'm always scared of under cooking or over cooking the breasts but Chef John was able to make the chicken breast so tender and juicy with his recipe below.

What you'll need:
- 2 chicken breasts
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth, or as needed to adjust thickness
- 1/2 tsp Chipotle powder, or to taste
- 2 tbsp green onion, chopped

You can watch the video here for the directions on how to make this dish!


I love this blog! Chef John is amazing, he's pretty entertaining in his videos and his recipes are so easy to follow and the food is great. He's great at explaining the cooking techniques and what everything is called. For example, all the meat juices that caramelized at the bottom of the pan? Did you know it's called "fond"? I didn't know that! I just called it burnt stuff on the pan. lol

I hope you like this recipe as much as I do. This may sound funny but Kraft dinner goes very well with this dish. No joke! lol Mmmm I love me some KD.

I accidentally made the gravy a bit too thick, but it was still yummy! lol

Happy Eating!

"There is no love sincerer than the love of food." ~ George Bernard Shaw

No comments: