Monday, January 9, 2012

The Infamous Chicken Salad Sandwich...

Before you roll your eyes and say "not another chicken salad recipe" I'm going to say this you haven't tried THIS chicken salad sandwich. I'll called it Huynh-ner (winner) Huynh-ner chicken salad dinner.  Like the play on my last name? =oD It's so simple and it tastes AWESOME-O. I've had a lot of people ask me for the recipe and when I tell them I always get the same reaction....THAT'S IT?! Yes that's it. Nothing fancy. Let's get to it shall we?! Oh just so you know, I didn't really measure anything I pretty much went by taste.

List of ingredients:
- Hellmann's mayonnaise, it HAS to be Hellmann's, it doesn't taste the same if you use another brand. Just do me a favor and try this first then you can alter it to your liking.
- About 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning, any brand will do
- 1 red onion
- 4-5 celery sticks
- About 2 tsp lemon juice
- Whole roast chicken, the kind you buy from the deli counter at grocery stores.
- Miss Vicki's jalapeno chips, it HAS to be this brand.
- Rye bread, you can use other types of bread but for personal preference I like rye.

Step 1, 1, 1, 1, You can have lots of fun. (For you NKOTB fans out there! =oD)
- Cut up the roast chicken into cubes, skin and all and put it into a mixing bowl. The skin adds a bit of more flavoring to the salad. But if you're a health nut then you can remove the skin, but what a waste! Live a little not like you're eating this everyday.

Step 2, 2, 2, 2, There's so much we can dooooo
- Chop up the celery and onions and add it to your chicken

Step 3, 3, 3, 3, It's just you and meeeee
- Now add the mayo to the bowl, depending on how you like it, add a lot if you like it saucy and vice versa. Add the Cajun seasoning, lemon juice and it's time to get dirty.

Step 4, 4, 4, 4, I can give you moooooore
Mix it all up with a wooden spoon or spatula or my preferred method with your hands! I just find using your hands is a lot easier and you can mix everything up really well. Remember to taste it and add more Cajun seasoning or mayo or lemon juice if you need to.

Step 5, 5, 5, 5, Don't you know that the time has arrived
Now take the mixture and put it on the rye bread, now pay attention to this part; take the Miss Vicki's chips and put a couple of them on top of the salad and then put the other slice of bread on top and enjoy! Trust me it sounds weird but it tastes GREAT. The chips give it a crunchy texture and it also adds a saltiness and a nice kick to the sandwich.

Annnnnnnnnd that's it! I really had to divide it up into 5 sections so I can finish the NKOTB song. lol


Enjoy and I hope you like the recipe. Feel free to let me know how it tastes or let me know what you did to make it your own!

Happy eating!

"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside" ~ Mark Twain


***Please note the pictures here are not mine, I'll take a picture when I make this again. This one looks similar to what mine would look like! =o) 

1 comment:

Stormdrane said...

Looks tasty, thanks for sharing!