Thursday, January 12, 2012

Snickerdoodles without the side of anger...


Yes, I made another attempt to bake, but as the title states I was not angry. The recipe to fall victim was Snickerdoodles! Surprisingly, this cookie was easy to make! I found the recipe on Allrecipes.com. posted by Beth Sigworth. I must say her recipe was easy and fantastic!

I first heard of this cookie when I was still working at CIBC. One of the ladies that I worked with was the BEST baker ever! She was the one that introduce them to me and it was like crack, I was hooked! Two years go by and I finally decide to go look for the recipe. lol For this recipe I used a whisk then my hands to mix everything together. You don't really need a mixer.

What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup butter, soften
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C)
2. Cream together butter, shortening, 11/2 cup sugar, eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Shape dough rounded spoonfuls into balls.
3. Mix the 2 tbsp of sugar with 2 tsp cinnamon and roll the ball of dough in the mixture. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheets.
4. Bake for 8-10 mins. Once done remove immediately from baking sheets.

Voila you got yourself some snickerdoodle cookies! When you pull the cookies from the oven don't be fooled by it's appearance. It may look like it's not cooked but give it a couple seconds and it'll harden up! I almost made the mistake of putting them back in the oven, if I did I'm sure I would have become Hulk and probably did a Hulk Smash.

Here is the fruits of my labor.


Happy Eating!

"My favorite animal is steak." ~ Fran Lebowitz

No comments: